This agreement is made, and hereby entered into, on this _____ day of _____, 20___ by and between White Whillow German Shepherds (hereafter referred to as “Seller”) and __________________________________________ (hereafter referred to as “Buyer”) for the purpose of setting forth the terms and conditions of the purchase by the Buyer of a purebred German Shepherd Dog from the litter whelped on ____________________ out of
AKC Number: ____________________________________________________ and
AKC Number: ____________________________________________________
AKC Registration number of puppy: __________________________________
Name (or color of collar): __________________________________________
1. The Seller agrees to sell and the Buyer agrees to buy one (check appropriate line)
____male ____female puppy from the above described litter.
Color: ____ white ____ black/tan ____ sable
Coat Length: ____ short coat ____ long coat
Tattoo Number: _______________________________
Microchip Number: ____________________________
Check all that apply:
____ Show/Breeding Potential (Limited AKC Registration that will be lifted to Full AKC Registration after requirements are met)
____ Pet/Companion (Limited AKC Registration and Spay/Neuter Agreement)
____ UKC Registration
2. The Buyer agrees to pay the Seller $__________ for the puppy. It is to be paid in full (cashier’s check or cash only) on date of or before picking up the puppy. Only after the full amount of the agreed upon amount is paid, may the puppy be removed from the Seller’s premises. If the balance is left unpaid by such date, this agreement shall be cancelled at the Seller’s option, and the Buyer shall forfeit the deposit given hereunder.
3. The Seller warrants that the above described puppy is in good health at the time Buyer assumes ownership. Buyer has the option to have the puppy examined by a licensed veterinarian within 72 hours (not including weekends or holidays) of receipt of the puppy.
If, as a result of the examination, the veterinarian determines that the puppy is not in good health, then the Buyer shall elect to 1) keep the puppy or 2) return the puppy to the Seller for a full refund or another puppy. If the Buyer elects to return the puppy, the Buyer shall send, by certified mail within 10 days after the date Buyer picks up puppy, a written veterinarian’s certificate stating that the puppy was in ill health when examined. Upon receipt of the puppy, the Seller shall be obligated to refund all monies received from the Buyer toward the purchase of the puppy (not including travel charges) and further performance under this contract shall be null and void. If the Buyer and Seller are in agreement to receive/provide another puppy, Seller will 1) replace right away if another puppy is available or 2) notify the Buyer of the next litter that he/she can choose from. All action taken to return the puppy shall be with the best interest of the puppy in mind.
A full refund of purchase price or a replacement puppy of equal value will be made if this puppy has any congenital (birth) defects which result, or may result, in death or euthanasia within one year of this sale. Seller must be provided with a written report of the health problem from Buyer’s veterinarian.
4. The Buyer is completely satisfied and waives any and all claims regarding the puppy’s conformation, temperament, and outward appearance.
5. The Buyer agrees that any and all transportation costs to and/or from the Seller’s premises will be at the cost and sole responsibility of the Buyer. The Buyer agrees to pick up the puppy in person or arrange for a ground courier. The puppy will not travel by plane from Seller’s home to Buyer’s home.
6. All puppies are guaranteed against crippling genetic defects for life. In the case of hips and elbows this is an Orthopedic Foundation for Animals (OFA) grade of Moderate or Severe dysplasia on hips or anything lower than degenerative joint disease (DJD) grade 1 on elbows. For any pet puppy on limited registration that receives an OFA grade of Moderate or Severe dysplasia on hips or lower than DJD grade 1 on elbows, the Buyer may opt to 1) keep the dog and the Seller will refund half of the selling price or 2) receive a replacement puppy. Seller will not ask Buyer to return first puppy unless Buyer chooses to do so.
7. If the puppy is being sold as a pet/companion (limited registration):
The Buyer agrees to have the puppy spayed/neutered AFTER 12 months of age and BEFORE 24 months of age. If Buyer feels there is reason to have this procedure done before 12 months of age or after 24 months of age, Buyer must discuss with Seller and receive a written and signed agreement for when this procedure is to be done, or this contract will become null and void. The Buyer agrees to notify and send proof (letter from veterinarian or copy of invoice) to the Seller when the puppy is spayed/neutered.
Please refer to the information on spaying/neutering included in your puppy packet for further information.
8. If the puppy is being sold as show/breeding potential:
a. The dog is guaranteed to pass OFA hip and elbow certifications. X-rays must be taken and submitted to the OFA between the ages of 24 months and 30 months and BEFORE BREEDING to qualify for this guarantee. Should the dog not pass, the Buyer can either 1) agree to keep the puppy, spay/neuter and the Seller will refund half of the selling price or 2) the Buyer may choose another puppy from a future litter (Buyer is responsible for all transportation costs). Seller will not ask Buyer to return the first puppy unless Buyer chooses to do so, but the first puppy must be spayed/neutered before any monies are returned or a second puppy is chosen. Any other hereditary problems (i.e. monorchid/cryptorchid males, ears that will not stand, dog or bitch that is sterile, etc.) will be handled according to the severity of the problem.
b. The Buyer agrees to show the dog at least 10 times in its life. The dog can be shown in any type of dog event including but not limited to conformation, agility, obedience, flyball, Schutzhund, and herding. If the dog is shown in conformation, it will be shown as a German Shepherd Dog in clubs supporting the dog as such, not as a White Shepherd.
c. The Buyer agrees that this dog will not be used for breeding purposes until the dog:
1) is at least 24 months of age,
2) has attained a conformation championship,
3) has hips and elbows evaluated by the OFA and receives passing grades,
4) is tested for Degenerative Myelopathy (DM)*,
5) and is tested for Multidrug Sensitivity (MDR1 gene)*.
*If the dog is anything other than normal/normal, the dog must only be bred to other tested dogs so that no mutant/mutant puppies may be produced.
d. If the dog is to be bred, it will be bred only to another German Shepherd Dog who is registered with the American Kennel Club or other certified dog registry (e.g. United Kennel Club, Canadian Kennel Club).
e. The Seller has the right to be an owner of record on the AKC registration of the puppy (i.e. co-owner) until the agreement has been fulfilled.
9. Buyer agrees to use the name “White Whillow” or “White Whillow’s” as the dog’s first name on the AKC and UKC registration applications. Buyer agrees to register the puppy with the AKC online with the Seller at time of puppy pick up. Buyer agrees to pay for registration.
10. Buyer agrees that he/she shall enroll in and COMPLETE an obedience class before the puppy is 12 months old. This is to help ensure that the puppy is properly trained and well socialized.
11. Buyer agrees that he/she is not acting as, or in part of, an agent in the purchase of this puppy. Buyer agrees not to sell this puppy or any of its progeny to any agent, pet store, or guard dog business.
12. Buyer agrees that if they are unable to keep the puppy for any reason, the Buyer will notify Seller and 1) the Buyer will return the puppy to the Seller at no charge to the Seller with signed AKC registration transfer papers or 2) the Seller will help the Buyer place the puppy in a home approved by the Seller.
No White Whillow puppy is to ever be surrendered to a shelter or rescue organization under any circumstance.
13. Buyer agrees that the Seller may repossess the dog upon evidence of neglect and/or abuse at no expense to the Seller and no refund of any monies.
14. Buyer agrees that the puppy will reside at the home of the Buyer. If co-ownership is involved, Buyers agree that the puppy will reside at the home of one of the Buyers at all times. Buyer agrees to inform Seller with any and every change of address and/or phone number during the lifetime of the dog.
15. No White Whillow puppy may be euthanized without prior written consent from White Whillow unless a licensed veterinarian has deemed a humane euthanasia necessary to end suffering. In this case, a copy of the veterinarian’s statement must be sent to the Seller within 10 days.
16. If the puppy is sold as a pet/companion, his/her suitability for any additional use will depend solely on the environment and training provided by the Buyer. Puppies sold with show/breeding potential are judged by the Seller at the time of sale to have show and breeding potential and are not guaranteed to be showable at maturity. These guarantees apply to the original purchaser only and are not transferrable.
This guarantee becomes null and void if the Buyer does not return signed contract, does not submit the AKC registration application within 30 days of receiving the form, or if the dog produces any offspring before requirements explained in this contract are met. The Breeder/Seller reserves the right to a second veterinarian’s opinion. All relevant veterinary records must be supplied to the Breeder/Seller upon request. When the cause of death is unknown, an autopsy must be performed.
This agreement is made and signed by both parties to ensure the well-being and protection of this animal. If any part of this agreement is breached, the Seller is released from any further obligations hereunder.
Should the Seller need to seek legal action against the Buyer for violations of this agreement, the Buyer will assume any and all attorney costs and court fees.
Seller __________________________________________________ Date _____________
Buyer __________________________________________________ Date _____________
Street Address _____________________________________________________________
City, State, Zip Code _________________________________________________________
Home Phone # _________________________ Cell Phone # ________________________
Email Address ______________________________________________________________